Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Bottle Brush CHRISTmas Trees


Hello sweets,

I really should be in bed, but I just had to share what I did today at the Coffeehouse! Oh and I did take pic's of what we have done so far.......I will get them up! Promise!


I have seen bottle brush tree where they are dyed by dipping green ones into pure bleach. So today I tried it. They are so so cute! Mine
turned a really sweet rose pink after I waited until all the green was gone. Some I kept in until they were pure white.....really cream, but so so pretty. I am going back to Hobby Lobby and buy some more! 

What are you making special for CHRISTmas? I have lots of plans......now finding the time! 

Just wanted to say hello again.......love hearing from you all, makes my day just a little bit sweeter!

Hugs to each of you,

Linda

8 comments:

  1. How pretty, Linda! I have got to try this! Bleach makes me a bit nervous ever since I got some in my eye while cleaning a ceiling. I assume that you rinse them after the soak is complete. Am sure I can find a tutorial somewhere ... in fact, I think I probably pinned one on Pinterest.

    Christmas is coming way too soon! I'm making simple handmade gifts for the grandkids ... almost done! Started doing some very simple decorating; lots more to do when Mr. T is available to help me with the attic stairs and the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Mrs. T!!!! I bought some bottle brush trees at walmart, but they were made of wire and didn't work. The ones at Hobby Lobby came in packages. So easy, just dip in the bleach and watch as it turns the color you want! Would love to see your handmade gifts. Wish we all lived close together!!!!! Hugs to you, Linda

      Delete
    2. Linda, thanks so much for the tip about the trees. All I have locally for sources for trees would be Walmart and Dollar Tree. Nearest Hobby Lobby is 1 1/2 hours away. I will look forward to trying this when I am able to find suitable trees.

      I too wish we lived closer. It would be such fun to share so much -- crafts, Scripture, recipes, ministry -- together. If we ever drive to NV, we will be sure to stop in Kansas!

      And maybe our "mansions" will be in the same neighborhood in heaven someday!

      Delete
    3. Oh that would be wonderful if you could come and I am sure the Lord has some wonderful plans for His children in letting us all meet each other! Blessings! Linda

      Delete
  2. Linda - Love your trees. I have quite a few I bought last week, waiting to be transformed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, it is so funto watch them change. I didn't leave them in the bleach for long because I wanted the pink.....kind of rose like! Sweetness! Hugs, Linda

      Delete
  3. Who KNEW???? I'm tempted to bleach some - but (fickle as I am -- and frugal) I'd probably want them green again next year...Yours are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, they are really really fun! I still will use the bleach for cleaning! They really are so cute! Hugs to you, Linda

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!