Sunday, December 7, 2014

A CHRISTmas Dinner at the Coffeehouse


Hello sweet ladies.....how are you all? Are you all getting ready for the CHRISTmas season? We seem to be more busy than we could ever imagine. The time we get to spend at the farm has been wonderful. I am off for two days and I will be getting the farm ready for family and putting up our tree. Can't wait! We have been working hard at the coffeehouse each day! The other night we hosted one of our families who wanted to have their CHRISTmas Party for all their workers at Broadway Market. It was a precious time. Thought I would show you pic's of what we did.........we started with.......... 



Winterberries........I had never heard of them and one of our Floral companies we buy from shared with us some ideas for Christmas decorating. They are beautiful.....when we open the box they are wrapped in brown craft paper.......tied with twine in a bow. Now that might sound like nothing......but to me I just love love love simple and it brightens my day when I open the box! The two companies we work with are very interested in making our business a success. They have been so helpful!


My sweet man was helpful getting lots of our dishes from our farm into the shop. We washed and shined every piece. 


I made up some jars like I did for Taylor's wedding. Burlap, a strip of ribbon and a handmade ribbon rose....all out of red gingham.....my favorite kind of ribbon! 



Red lanterns  (we sell these at the Market), pinecones, evergreens, winterberries decorated down the center of each of the tables.


Each place setting I placed a folded napkin, candy cane  story
and silverware with little tags tied with scripture "And thou shalt call His name Jesus for He shall save His people from their sins. Matt. 1:27"........my favorite verse in the world. 


After the dinner everyone came to the back to the coffee area and we served, lattes, coffee, smoothies and Homemade Carmel Apple Cheesecake......num......it was a sweet night and when we got home we fell into bed only to wake up to another day at the coffeehouse!!!!!!! So today is church and home for two days.......thanking my Jesus for a little break!!

Love you ladies! Tell me of your CHRISTmas ideas or plans.....would love love to hear! 

Hugs and God bless!

Linda



6 comments:

  1. I wish you're closer and we could let you host a dinner for us. It looked so cozy. I am not a decorator, but I know what I like just have to let someone else do it. HAHAHA!!!

    BLESSINGS!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, what a pretty dinner party you put on! Your coffee house/market is a blessing. I know the hard work you put into it but look at the joy you are bringing to others! Makes me smile B I G ! We had a beautiful church service today too. I am excited for Nick to get home and join us and pray we can visit him and join him at the church he is attending. He is studying the Word deligently and I am so proud of him. He is a good young man and the Lord is using him greatly too. I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit at church and the pastors are young and they share the whole biblical truth with all who enter. My cousin Paul is a pastor in Pueblo West, Colorado at a church called River of Grace. If you get a free moment listen to Pastor Paul and you will see what a man of God he is as well as our pastors at RedRock Church. I am so grateful to our middle Rebekah who shared this blessing with us. Our service is held in Golden, CO. and during the snowy times we need to figure how we can get to the church. The foothills are often hit harder with the elements and our little car is like the Little Engine That Could. Chugging up the road to try to get there by God's goodness and grace. I need to buy a red lantern from you and I will order more earrings from your market place too. I love your jars decorated with burlap and gingham ribbon. So simply yet so beautiful and elegant to my heart. Always a blessing to see you here. God is good, He is drawing us both closer to Him and I am always thinking, praying and treasuring my friendship with you. You have a beautiful phamily and I so love that we were able to see you in person. what a blessing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table setting! So glad you have a few days on the farm, I know how much you love it!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dinner Party at Coffeehouse looks awesome. Love your style. So glad for you to get a few at the farm. Enjoy each moment. Working on 4 no sew throws for my 4 grands, time is getting away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I just love your blog and while I don't comment much, I cherish being able to come here and be encouraged in our Lord, see adorable animals pictures and get a warm and cozy feeling. Thank you!

    We've been working on our old farmhouse for 3 years and our living room is finally about done....so the tree went up the day after Thanksgiving, which we go get as a family. The lights are up on the outside of the house. We have a huge cross at our front gate, lit up with very bright LED lights. I told my sweet husband that I love how he wants the world to know where our allegiance is! We have garland around the doorways in the living room, and the stockings are hung up near the stairs. After not being able to decorate for 3 years, I'm enjoying every moment.

    We are trying to reach out to people in our little town that are seeking God but don't feel welcome in church. We are planning a get together the Sunday before Christmas. Prayers appreciated that God's glory would shine above all!

    Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!