Sunday, September 16, 2012

New Life and A Day With The Farrier

Hello sweet ladies,

It is SONday......and I wanted to share this verse. It is a favorite of mine, and I thought it might bless you. 

What does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. 
                                    Micah 6:8

If you look real closely you can see the two little tiny pieces of thread that the cocoon is attached to the parsley with. Sweet!

Some wanted to see what happened to the caterpillar. It is so amazing and beautiful. Only God can create such an amazing thing. New Life! One word AMAZING.......to think what is going on inside the cocoon. Think of it. So thankful I have asked Jesus to do the same thing in me.......He chose me......I chose Him......it is called a precious relationship.......forever! I pray today....if you are reading my post and you have never accepted Jesus and what He did on the cross that day that today is the day of YOUR Salvation. It is found in Him alone...... and found in no other.


Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame and are being asked how he was healed,  then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.

 Jesus is
"the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the cornerstone."
And there is Salvation in No One Else, for there is No Other Name under Heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 4:12

I now wait expectantly for Jesus the Bridegroom to come and receive His Bride! 


The farrier's name is Ray and my sweet man likes the way he works with our horses....... in fact a lot. My sweet man was not raised around horses.....just cows, but he has wanted to learn the last 5 years. He got into horses because of our girls. The first two horses we had on our farm were given to the girls 5 years ago. This picture is of Kiowa. She's a Paint. My sweet man is rubbing her gums....because she has never been good at balancing and is always jittery. It was amazing how it helped calmed her. 


She finally started cooperating and did better with the farrier. 


Now it was Lady's turn. She is our granddaughter's Palomino that she received as her CHRISTmas gift this last year. Lady is a pistol! Ray showed my Phil a lot of good pointers to help as we train. She is a big girl! 

Lady does not lead  and the family she came from really did not feed her well. They had her on oats with lots of molasses. She was so so hyper and since she is on a new diet she has calmed down a lot for us. The other day she bit our Tressa......really bad. You could see her big mouth and teeth. Ray said to bite her back on the ear......now he is a big man......we are going to need a ladder to get up there! 


Ray said to possession a rope around her behind, like in this picture. 


He put pressure as he lead her......... it really did work. 

Lady didn't fare as well as the others. Ray gave lots of pointers. He said to do them over and over again. It would help her.

I was working at getting the Potter's Shed ready for the sweet family that is coming......guess some college kids are coming also......that will be nice......can't wait for the evening. 


Thanks for stopping by.....welcome to the new followers. 



5 comments:

  1. Oh Linda..I just knew this was going to be a great post! Love seeing the farrier working with your horses. Sorry to hear about the bite..I hope Tressa is doing better. We are having a restful and lazy day!

    Can't wait to see how your evening goes..I know it will be a blessing to those who come to visit!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree with the farrier about biting the horse on the ear. I really don't think horses have "Cause/Effect" thinking. Gentling a horse has always worked better for me than causing pain.
    nancyr

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have always bitten back also and our horses have learned quickly. Each animal and person is different so if she doesn't react to the bite you may have to try another way.
    I too am looking forward to hearing about your evening, I'm sure your guest will have a great time. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a BLESSED evening with your guest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had some good loving hands helping with the horses! Your husband was so sweet to help Kiowa by rubbing his gums! I never knew horses liked that, but I bet they really do hate to have the feet worked on! I bet Lady really feels the love coming from you!
    Enjoy your week!
    Hugs and Blessings,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!