Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Another Recipe from 101 Breakfast and Brunch Cookbook!!!!!!!

Good morning sweet ladies!!!!!!!!!

It has been busy around here.....I know I keep saying that, but it is! I hope that you all have had a more relaxed one!!!!!! 


The reason I have been busy is because I have been in the kitchen......baking and cooking away using the 101 Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Cookbook!!!!!!!

You are going to like these simple easy recipes. 

Honey Crunch Granola
4 c. long cooking oats, uncooked
1/2 c. unsalted slivered almonds
1/4 c. unsalted sunflower kernels
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c butter
2. t. cinnamon
1/8 t. ground cloves
1 5. vanilla extract
1/8 t. salt

Mix oats, almonds and sunflower kernels in a large bowl; set aside. Combine hone, butter, spices, vanilla and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on hight setting until butter and honey are melted; stir well. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture; toss until well coated. spread on a lightly greased 15" x 10' jelly roll pan. Bake until lightly golden. Allow to cool; store in an airtight container. Makes 8 servings.


Grandma's Warm Breakfast Fruit
3 apples peeled, cored and thickly sliced
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
3/4 c. raisins
12. dried plums, chopped
3 c. plus 3 T. water, divided
1/2 c. sugar
1/2. t. cinnamon
1 T. corstarch
Garnish: granola


Combine fruit and 3 cups water in a sauge pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in sugar and  cinnamon. In a small bow, mix together cornstarch and remaining water; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Spoon into bowls; top with granola to serve. Serves 6 to 8.

This would be a sweet gift to make up for that someone! Put the fruit in an old mason jar, scoop the granola in a cellophane bag with a ribbon tied around the top. Line a basket with a pretty cloth napkin. Add plastic spoons, paper plates, napkins,  granola and jar of fruit.........I know you can find someone to give this to for nooooooo reason at all. Just because you care is reason enough...right? It is really very nummy and  a beautiful breakfast for that special person!

Hugs to your day.....I am working on orders.......can't wait to get them finished!



Oh and thank you to all who also follow on fb.......you made my girls and I laugh so hard last night. It was a party for sure!!!!!

I will try to get a pic of the new hair. It turned out perfect for Tressy's first perm job......course all you ladies that got on last night helped her immensely. Hahaha!

Hugs, me

P.S. If you haven't signed up for the 

Gooseberry Patch/Prairie Flower Farm Party 

go here.........love to have ya!

8 comments:

  1. How much butter?? I do not see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte, my hands sometimes don't keep up with my brain!
      1/2 c. butter

      Hugs, me

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is so good! The granola is nice to sprinkle on the top! Hope you are having a sweet day!
      Hugs, me

      Delete
  3. That does sound delish, and I have been crazy busy too. With opening our new shop it just never slows down. Can't wait to see the new hair do...! Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so interested in your shop Karen. Heehee......my Tressy did a good job. I can only get it wet right now and can't wash it with shampoo for 3 days. UGH! I will try real hard to get a pic!
      Hugs, me

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda~~~Finally got a chance to catch up on emails & blogs! Been busy today with laundry & gardening. The attack of the zucchinis has begun! Sounds like the perm party was lots of fun:0). Can't wait to see the finished look. Ladies Bible study starts up tomorrow & I will bring the recent prayer requests with me. The ladies in my group will seek the Lord along with us. Thanks for the recipes today~~~going to make the granola. Have a good night! Oh~~~something about myself~~~I am married to a wonderful Christian man & we have six grown children between us & nine grandchildren. I love our country life. I'm a retired hospice nurse & I knit, sew, scrapbook, read, bake, cook, & craft. I love thrift shops & yard sales & most importantly I love the Lord. Sorry~~~guess that was more than one thing!
    Love ya,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm.blogger is a magician! Taking my comments away!
    Your outlook on life is just precious. Please always make us smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!