Sunday, February 12, 2012

His Word Alone.....and A Refreshed Day!

Good Morning sweet ladies!!!!!!!

He is such a precious gentle......man!

Yesterday was so wonderful.........as I said I was going to stitch the day away and listen to sermons.......I did just that. With a our son's family sprinkled a little in the day, perfect. I had paper in hand..fabric ready...... I.........prayed and the Lord met me.......I just love walking with Him.......He so wants to be with me and I with Him. If I just lean on Him during my day. Saying He is my best friend is an understatement! For instance........I knew that I wanted this certain quilt block for my pattern. I knew that it wasn't called an Ohio Star, but couldn't remember the name of it. I searched for an hour on the web to find what it was. I could have done it myself, but getting the right measurements would have taken me lots of time. Sooooo like I said..... I searched and searched. 


Finally I was just about at the end of searching.  I thought to myself ......... I would look at just one more link. Ladies, I about fell off my chair noooooo kidding! I started having this "PRAISE" time....telling God that He really really did care about the desires of my heart and thank you so much!!!!!! I was in awe again......for the thousandth time! Isn't that just so precious of Him? I was on a roll........I had my first piece for my pattern.......so much fun!

Remember yesterday when I asked, if anyone needed a Bible.......well I got an email back. One thing that the precious lady said, that blessed not only my heart, but the Lords. She said, "I would treasure receiving your extra copy! I love this precious person. God's Word will be going to live "in" her home.........thank you Jesus! Thank you Father for giving me the idea when I saw the extra Bible! I will be buying another.......maybe you might want to do the same on your blog ladies......what a fun thing to do!

I have been refreshed........I will be ready to go back to serve the kids at the college. My Momma sat at the table yesterday......again......I am so grateful to everyone of you precious ladies that prayed for her.

One more thing..........two of my ducks were killed by a bobcat. We had been doing so well. The other 3 ducks are in the chicken house........life on a farm! Guess I will be buying some more ducks this spring at the farm store.......I have to replace them right? I will tell my sweet man! teehee!


Hugs to your SONday!

Linda

P.S. If you would like to read about Vitaliy...... go to my daughter in loves blog. He is growing up so fast and loves his American family!




8 comments:

  1. YEs, Linda he is our best friend. What a thought, the creator and sustainer of the universe is our friend. I am so sorry to hear about your ducks... The quilt block is lovely. I am not a quilter but love to collect old quilts. I love the way you spoke about your job on campus as a service to the young people. That is what it is all about. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your posts are always looked forward to! thank you, linda! i'm sorry to hear about your ducks. glad your mom is doing better! i'm a quilter...piecing quilts tops was always my favorite part of the process! what pattern name are you making? it really resembles the Ohio Star, one of my favorites. anxiously awaiting the completed project! i've made several Double Wedding Ring quilts/wallhangings. you may have just gotten me interested in spending time at my bernina again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda: I am so glad that I finally realized that Jesus cares about things we care about. I was just about to give up on one of my kitchen drawers. Something was stuck and I couldn't get it "unstuck" for anything. I was almost on the verge of tears because there is no one to call for something like this. I said,"Lord, I am going to try one more time, please help me", It was just like nothing was ever stuck; I tugged on the drawer and it opened right up. I was so happy...all my stuff is in that drawer. He helps me with everything. I "bug" Him all the time. I love your fabric and so glad you found what you were looking for. So sorry about your ducks...glad your mom is better though. I have checked out your daughter's blog. I have never seen a more contented happy child. Love, Mary Love the Bible Story too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Linda,
    That quilt block is really sweet. What is the name of it? I know you said it was not called the Ohio star. I"m glad you decided to click on that last link :) :) Small praises :) :)

    I'm sorry about your ducks :( :( I'll pray that you can get some more ducks soon :) :)

    I read Tonya's blog. It's such a blessing and makes me smile to see how V. is doing with his new family :) :)

    Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus loves us indeed. So thankful that we can come rest at His table. I love your blog. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! something happened to my comment! I guess its out there in blogland!
    So glad to here that your mom was able to sit at the table! I know our Lord was sitting right there next to her! So so sorry about your ducks! It will be exciting to watch the progression of your project, the material is beautiful! Our Lord answers all our prayers no matter how small they might seem! He is amazing! I forgot to congratulate Kristina on winning the adorable salt and pepper teapot set! I know she will treasure them coming from you! It sounds like V is having a very happy time, yes we do have to be careful with words, Children can be so cruel.
    Hope you have a wonderful week baking creations at the school, and that your girls will be able to work all week with you!
    Love ya,
    Carol (CJ)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, it's so sweet of you to pay it forward with a Bible, I know it went to the right person, and she will treasure it! The picture looks like you have a day to day Bible, I really enjoy the one we have, but also treasure my very first one I received as a child!
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda you are a wonderful lady. I have given bibles to a few people who really were having some tough times. They were so appreciative! It is funny how I find them when I need them at the thrift store. It is so sad that I have purchased bibles that were untouched. How sad! I love knowing you. Keep up your wonderful kind heart. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!