Monday, April 19, 2010

Little Things, Thank you Katie!

You are welcome to use this picture on your blog if you like.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! The conference that I went to is still soaking in. I was so blessed and when I have a little time, I will share. I had my daughters with and that was such a blessing. We went to one of the seminars that spoke on Ministering to the family with needs. We walked away changed! We do minister to families already, but we were refreshed in some new ideas.


yesterday I received an email from Katie. She won the name Americana Glory". I have to tell you what she said. It will bless you as it blessed my family. We never know what God will do in the "Little and simple things" in our lives.

Here is what Katie wrote me:

Hi Linda,

Wow! I’m so excited that the name I thought of won! Do you want to know how I came up with that name? My younger brother is our pastor, and he continually preaches Christ, and how we can bring glory to Him with the simplest, tiniest bits of our lives as well as the big things. The things you post on your blog are the “little things” that ultimately matter in how you encourage others in righteousness and to see the joy around them that God has so richly blessed us with. Our nation has a godly heritage, however we have fallen from that in today’s society. We still have a responsibility (and delight) to train our children for Christ’s glory. I enjoy patriotic things, but more importantly the “glory” in “Americana Glory” refers to the glory we can give our Savior in our daily lives as Americans.

Katie


Thank you, Katie! You are a blessing to me and now you are a blessing to many!

Was that not the most precious email?

Also here is another email that my sweetie friend Mary wrote me, also in an email. Hahahahaha! You will laugh. The only question I have, is why didn't anyone else write me and tell me I had the wrong word. heehee! I always say wrong words, just ask my sister Shannon!! She has stories to tell I am sure. I get a little mixed up sometimes. Don't you?

Here goes:

The mental picture I had just gave me the giggles...
corrugated is the tin on barn roofs; varigated a multi-colored thread!!!

"Clarice used corrugated thread."

This is just too, too funny.

love you, Mary



I had to giggle also!!! Smile!!! Now did that give you a good laugh? I have gone back and changed the word in my post, so everyone else can think I am smart. Enjoy your day ladies.

I just watered my lettuce, cabbage and broccoli that I have planted in the Potter's Shed. They are doing so good. Put all the transplants out to drink up the sun!

Just got an email a minute ago. JoAnn's and Wal-Mart bought the fabric. We will be selling it here on our blog! Thank you JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings sweet ladies!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Thanks Linda for allowing us to use that jar photo, I love it and it will be on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda~
    Katie sounds like a sweetheart! What a great name for your fabric. I can hardly wait to see it and purchase some!
    I, too, noticed that you used the word *corrugated*! I thought you Kansas gals just had a different name for variegated! hehe
    Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on JoAnn's & Walmart buying your fabric! Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful e mail with Glory to Jesus!!! What a wonderful name for your fabric! Congratulations on having it available at JoAnn's & Walmart! Way to go!!

    Blessings...

    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, glad you like. I had fun taking that pic. I love bird nests!!! and mason jars!

    Lady Farmer, you cracked me up!!!!!!!!!!! Katie is a sweetheart! Everyone that comes to my blog is a sweetheart!!!!!!

    Amy, I can't wait to see it finished up either! they wanted us to add a little color to it on the red. It is looking good!

    Gert, Yes it was wonderful to give Glory to Jesus!

    Working on finishing up the apron so I can get it to the printer!!!!!! Hope by tomorrow!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post! I like that comment Katie sent you after winning! She is a beautiful lady! :)

    Linda you are precious.

    My daughters little dog came home today. Someone picked her up. Prayer works! Everyone prayed that she would come home! God is good!

    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne, Katie is a beautiful lady! Thank you for the sweet words! You are too sweet! Praise the Lord that the little doggie came home! Yes God is good!!!!

    Hugs to you also! Praying for you and your job!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Linda! I'm so excited on your news of JoAnn's and Wal-Mart carrying your fabric. Can't wait for that, I will be on the lookout for them. How wonderful that is. I also loved your post on the crocheted edgeings. In the past I have crocheted on bath towels. I also just love to hear about your visits to the nursing home. I've always had such a fondness for the elderly. They are so full of wisdom and can teach us so many things. You bless me so much! Love ya to stitches!
    Sandy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited to see that Katie's name for the fabric line won the contest!! That's the name i voted for and after reading what she wrote to you i know it will be blessed! When i originally saw her suggestion of "Americana Glory" i thought EXACTLY what she was thinking when she came up with the name! Isn't God AwEsOmE!! Our great nation was founded on Christian principles but sadly we have strayed from that heritage. Please pray with me the following scripture and that we will take heed to do what the Lord is asking EACH of us to do so that this nation may return to that Godly heritage.

    "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

    Many blessings to you, precious Katie!
    God Bless America!!

    Alicia <><

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am joining you Alicia! How wonderful that you thought the same thing! Katie will be blessed by your comment for sure!!!!!!! Thanks for writing a note!

    Yes, may God Bless America!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!