Monday, April 26, 2010

Hello Ladies!!!!



Dear sweet ladies,

Hope you had a wonderful weekend. My girls and I had so much fun together, as you know we went to the Beth Moore conference. I trust that the word of God will grow richly in our lives and hearts!!! I can’t wait to dig in the scriptures for more treasures that He says we will find if we search. This time we are going to hide God’s word in our hearts even more. I am on a mission with my girls to get as much scripture hidden in our hearts as we can. Yesterday our Pastor said, “ To be so familiar with the word, that you can automatically hear His voice. That blessed my heart. I am not real good at the memorizing part, but my girls are because they are young. Smile! Not a good excuse for me!



After the conference we went and bought these sweet little notebooks and matching pens. They were 1.Oo each at the dollar Tree Store. Beth used a spiral index card notebook. Our first verse will be. Isaiah 43:18 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. I have it in the picture above. If you want to join us buy a note book (recipe cards work) that measures at least 3 1/2” x 5 1/2”. Take the picture I have up and drag it to your desk top. It should be 3” x 5”. Print it off and glue it into your notebook. Grandmother’s, Mother’s, Aunts Singles, and daughters were called across the world to change their thinking. To hide God’s word in their hearts and to live a life in front of those around them. To transform our minds by the word and then to have a new biblical way of thinking. Yea!!!!!!! I am going to do my best. I will have new verses every other week, if you want to join us. If you have verses that you think we should memorize please let me know! Just not real long ones at first. Heehee,


May 1st is coming up. Here is an idea for a May Day Flower Basket! Very simple! Enjoy! If I could make one for each of you, this is what it would look like. Sorry you have to just enjoy the picture. :( that is a sad face.



I used the scripture from Song of Solomon 2:12. Type it out on card stock. Make it into a tag. I use a stamp pad along the edges of the tag. Punch a hole and hang it off the cellophane bag. So easy and fun for the one that will receive it. . Why don't you make some up for a nursing home. Call and see who doesn't receive visitors. You will be amazed at who you might meet!

Flowers appear on the earth; the season

of singing has come, the cooing of doves is

heard in the land. Song of Solomon 2:12

Little Miss Fluff's new Nest

One last thing before I say goodbye. Yesterday I knew that Little Miss Fluff could be having some babies. So after church I went out to check on her. I gasped!!!! She had 11 eggs before. She started with 12, but one had a little crack so it couldn't be used. Anyway when I checked under her there were only 2 eggs. I couldn't believe it!!!!! I was so sad! My girlfriend Gail was here with her family and they thought it might have been a snake. Yuk!!!!!! Made this Farm Girl not a happy camper! So I thought I had better give her some protection. She is in the Milk Barn now and I made her a beautiful new nest. She is so happy! It was a sad day, but now we gave her her two eggs and some new ones. We will start over again! She is such a sweet little Momma. She lets me touch her and check on her. That is really nice, because when they are nesting, they are not always like that.


Don't forget to sign up for the Beth Moore book drawing!! The post before this one!

P.S. Oops! I have to tell you one more thing. I receive wonderful comments and emails from you. Some make me cry, laugh and some make me want to dance. This morning I receive one that you have to read. Remember the post that I dressed up in my flip flops and garb!!! Well this is what a sweet comment:

This just blessed my heart!

"I have to tell you Saturday morning I got up, usually pretty early. My husband usually makes the rounds every morning to check on the animals. 8 ducks (two are small), 2 little geese, 8 little chicks, 4 hens and 2 roosters. One we have pinned up he lost his little mate. So it was kind of strange he was following around our momma duck. Any way back to the story, I usually am dealing with children in the mornings, so I dont usually get dressed until they are off to school. But Saturday you inspired me to put on my flip flops and through a jacket over my t-shirt and capris (that is my night clothes). And check things out outside with my husband. Kind of nice since we dont get to do that to often "

Now ladies if I can influence anyone to take time with their husbands, there is nothing sweeter. I love my honey, I am his helpmate!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeee being with him. I will tell you we like others have our spats, but I have found so much joy in my marriage. I know that some of you have lost your spouse and I grieve with you, but you have talked of the sweetness you had when they were alive. That is what I so want. To be able to look back and remember the wonderful times the Lord has given me with my Precious Man. So ladies get your flip flops on and think of ways you can enjoy your husband, even if you are just walking beside him!
Love and hugs from the farm!

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Linda...that is so true about being with our husbands. Believe it or not, I know they want us to spend time with them!! Even if it is going to the auto store, I go along for the ride and our conversations are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea to keep the scripture! I love being with my hubby too - he is my best friend!
    I adore your little hen - hope she is able to lay a new batch of eggs!

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful scripture and good idea for May day, thanks for sharing, have a very blessed week.
    Lots of hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your blog and love Beth Moore! So glad you were able to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post...what a blessing you are to us! The flower is a great and simple idea!
    Blessings.....
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to see Beth Moore in May, I can hardly wait! Thank you for all the fun ideas today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the Beth Moore simulcast. I've been blessed to be in two Beth Moore Bible Studies: The Patriarchs and Esther. They were good to get me in the Word with other ladies. I've also read Get Me Out of the Pits (?). I really like her emphasis on praying the Word!! The new book looks interesting.

    I'm getting in the mood to get my hands in the soil. I planted sweet basil indoors today--our frost date is May 15th here. I'm hoping to plant more this next weekend. I love your pictures. They inspire me!

    Our pastor is encouraging our little church plant to memorize the Word. Currently it's Mark 12:28-31. It's such a blessing to say it each Sunday in service and work on it during the week. I'm praying that God will use it when He needs to in our lives throughout the week.

    ((Hugs)) Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Memorizing Scripture is so important. What a lovely reminder :) :) I wrote down that verse, and I plan on memorizing it this week. I like many verses...right now Galatians 5:22-23 comes to mind. Good things to develop in ourselves too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hubby is cooking while I am resting! He took a couple vacation days so he was off Friday through today, and I had to work so it is nice to have a clean house and fresh sheets on the bed when I get home! I love doing stuff with him, we walk and run in the spring and summer. The May Day idea is so precious! I love scripture verses so I may try this idea. Thank you
    Poor little hen losing her eggs! Mean old snake! Glad she is safe now.
    I have to recite Ephesians 6:10-20 daily
    Thanks and my Mother's Day package arrived arrived today! You are are such a sweetheart! It is perfect! Thank you again Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just knew you would love the Beth Moore day...I was so sorry to have to miss it! I have been using her spiral note card for memory verses for 3 years now and have filled 2 sets. I love them and try to review each set every other day...first the one from year 1 then the next day the one from year 2...Hope you become as attached to your verses as I am to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reconsider the Word of God is so important. Sorry for the story of your hen. You tought a snake? Becaurfull when you go into the shed! Blessings to you! Margriet

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the gift idea. I've been trying to think of something to give the Friday Ladies as a little treat. I think the flowers are so cute. Thanks. I love reading your blog. So much interesting stuff. I'm glad you had a great time at the conference. Perhaps we can encourage each other to memorize as I too have a difficult time doing it. Take care and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry about the eggs and I hope her new little ones keep safe in their new home. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and I love Beth Moore!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!