Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day Mr. Phil



"My special man"
I love this picture. We were able to go to Nevada this last spring to see my sister for her birthday and mine also. My niece and nephew blessed our family by buying tickets for us to come and surprise my sis for her birthday. My sis and brother-in-love are living on a horse ranch. It was surrounded by mountains and horses. I loved it! Well, so did my family. The girls enjoyed everything! They could ride horses anytime they wanted. Phil hadn't been on a horse for some time and was a natural. This picture was shot by our daughter. . It is one of my favorites now.

I do have a very special man. Phil got saved soon after we were married. I am so grateful to have the privilege to have lived with him for 36+ years. Can't believe that it has been that long. We have walked side by side in what ever the Lord put in our path. God has known what He has been doing to make our marriage strong. We have 5 precious children and 9 grand children.
Tonight we will honor him with a cookout. May he feel the love and gratitude that we all have for him. He has sought the Lord for our family and given his children a heritage. I am so thankful for the Dad that he has been to our children.
Psalms 127
3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.

4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth.

5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them...... Your quiver is full Mr. Phil. You are are a blessed man and so are we that God gave you to all of us!!!! Happy Father's Day. You are loved and will be loved forever! May our Heavenly Father continue to bless you and keep you safe!

My real daddy has been gone for a real long time. He is missed today. As I get older and realize the sacrifice that he did on my behalf as I was growing up I am so grateful. We lived in Alaska and we homesteaded 48 acres. It was hard in Alaska. My daddy did not know the Lord personally. I gave him a Bible and have it to this day. He never professed Christ. He lived a hard life and had a lot of sadness in it. I was able to be rescued from so much and he would love to come to my home now and see the husband that I have. Phil has given us such joy and happiness in our home. We have both worked hard to make it a priority to have a Godly home. Not perfect but always trying in the Lord's strength to do better.
Today I will honor my other dad. Mr. Leo Leach. He married my mom and has been very close to me. Poppa has a little house and lives close by. Being a wonderful grandfather to my children has not been hard for him. Poppa will be turning 80 this next Aug. Where has the time gone! Happy Father's Day Poppa! You are loved!
Blessings to all of you out there as you honor your father.
Blessings,
Linda

6 comments:

  1. hello nice to know you. your blog ia amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Kuyus! You are so kind. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! What a beautiful tribute to your husband. I got your e-mail about linking to my blog, but it's too late! The contest it over. Thanks though. It was so nice to meet you and the girls. And thanks again, so much, for the fabric. You can link to me anytime.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! He is a very special man!!!!!! Had to find him in Alaska. He was hunting a moose. We just say he bagged a "dear"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes you find then in the oddest places, I met mine in a nursing home!

    You are one of the bloggers I have awarded the Honest Scrap Award over on my blog! Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. It is so appreciated and it makes me feel like I am making a new friend.

God Bless your day!